ABOUT RESURRECTION CATHOLIC
PRESCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN
We believe in bringing out the best in every child, which sets the right foundation for success and a life-long love of learning. We focus on the whole child by offering opportunities for growth in cognitive, spiritual, social, emotional and physical development.
We believe the environment is critical to a child’s learning experience. Therefore, we have created safe and inviting spaces where children feel free to explore, create and discover.
Our environment is created with intention by our teachers to provide sophisticated investigations, unique learning opportunities, and comfortable spaces where children feel at ease. Natural elements are incorporated throughout our classrooms along with plenty of natural light to create an inviting space. Materials are used strategically as provocations for learning.
At our school, our passion is your child's potential.
Who We Are
Resurrection Catholic Preschool and Kindergarten opened its doors in September of 2013. We are located in the Moisant Center on the campus of Resurrection Catholic Parish. Serving a diverse population of children and families, we promote a partnership among parents, faculty, staff and the community rooted in the Catholic faith. At Resurrection, we focus on the development of the whole child with respect and compassion.
Our mission is to be a school of excellence where children are viewed as unique, competent and capable. Guided by an emergent and constructivist curriculum, we work with our students to select topics for investigation and empower children to use their active and creative minds. In supported large and small groups, children learn through hands-on exploration and play.
Teachers encourage the development of each student’s moral growth and sense of self-worth by creating a learning environment based on Gospel values that support the dignity of each person. A typical day includes opportunities for individual and group investigation, choice time, music and movement, outdoor play time, and community building.
The Creative Curriculum ® for Preschool focuses on four areas of development:
This program is based on child development theory and emphasizes active learning with each child initiating and designing his/her own learning experiences to build his/her own knowledge with the support of staff who respect encourage, extend, and challenge each child.
The goal of our school is to emphasize concrete experiential learning. As a highly qualified staff , we are committed to:
• Creating a safe and loving environment rooted in the Catholic faith.
• Preparing the children academically, socially and emotionally for life.
• Honoring the developmental level of each student, while maintaining high standards of achievement for all students.
• Empowering children to think critically, to reason, to question and to make connections to their world.
• Encouraging creative expression and appreciation for the arts and cultural diversity.
• Providing hands-on learning experiences with language, math, science, social studies, religion, art, Spanish and music.
• Developing literacy knowledge and skills.
• Fostering a positive self-concept and the ability to interact
respectfully with others.
• Collaborating with parents as their child’s primary teacher.